Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Deliver Us from Evil is awesome
















5 second plot: This is the real story (inspired by actual accounts) of a NY police officer who gets to see a lot of disturbing things in his line of duty. But now he needs to team up with a priest to solve a series of crimes that are driven by pure evil. Someone seems to have opened a portal that had better stayed shut.

5 second review: I don't care what anyone says about this movie, I thought it was fucking awesome. I know it's sort of a bad Se7en rip-off (dark, rain, nasty) but if you take a closer look it's an impressive, nasty, tense, creepy, cool movie all on its own. It put me on the edge of my seat multiple times. Just go with the flow and don't think too much about the (weird) true story element.

IMDb score: 6,2/10
Our score: 9/10